- The Rolling Stones I Can’t Get No Satisfaction – Video guitar lesson with tabs, chords and lyrics
- John Lennon Imagine – Video guitar lesson with tabs, chords and lyrics
- Black Sabbath – Black Sabbath song – Video guitar lesson with tabs, chords and lyrics
- Animals with guitar – Funny Animated GIFs
- Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe – guitar game online
Reading Sheet Music. What is Flat Note? What is Sharp Note?
Reading Sheet Music
So, How to read notes? What is a Flat Note? What is a Sharp Note?
Everyone knows that there are seven notes:
In addition, there are sharp notes (#) and flat notes (b).
Sharp (#) (or dièse) symbol raises a note by a half tone.
Flat (b) (or Bemolle) symbol lowers a note by a half step.
Half tone – it’s a one fret on guitar.
Together with the sharps and flats all the notes look like this:
C (or B #)
C # or Db
D # or Eb
E (or Fb)
F (or E #)
F # or Gb
G # or Ab
A # or Bb
B (or Cb)
C (or B #)
For illustratition look at the piano:
Now a little about how to write and read notes.
There are a notes from the song Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple. To read them you need to know how to write each note.
Sharp and flat notes are indicated by symbols near notes (# – Sharps, b – Flats):
(Flat, Sharp and Natural)
Natural symbol cancels previous accidentals and represents the unaltered pitch of a note.
Table with all notes of the guitar you can see on the page The table of notes on guitar fingerboard (All notes on guitar)
How to combine notes with your guitar see on this picture (click to open full image):
To test your knowledge you can use the online game Guitar Sight Reading Game on our site.